Outside the Cave has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.stephenlazar.com
and update your bookmarks.

2.12.2006

Back in Teaching Mode

I hadn't realized just how much I missed teaching.

I've been in the midst of the interview process at a wonderful new small school in NYC the past week, Bronx Lab School. I had a phone interview last weekend, made a visit to the school on Monday and had the chance to meet informally with most of the staff, and returned Friday for a formal interview. I'm going back Wednesday to teach a class, and REALLY hope that it will be the first of many classes I teach at the school. I'm afraid to jinx myself somehow, so don't want to write too much about the school. I'll just say that I'd be hard pressed to find a more perfect fit for my next teaching job.

It was really nice to be back in a teaching frame of mind throughout the week. I spent a nice chunk of the week updating my teaching portfolio (it's password protected since it has student photos in there, leave a comment with your e-mail and I can send you the password if you're interested). Between that, spending a good part of two school days visiting, and catching up on the edublogosphere reading I've hardly had the chance to do the past 6 months, I've realized how much stronger my passion is for educating than for everything else I'm doing. I'm really glad I went to grad school this year, and really have grown a lot from the experience, but at this point I'm counting down the weeks until the first bell rings next September. It's been really great to catch up on how Bud, Clarence, Darren, and others have developed their use of blogs in their classes since last Spring when I started, and I can't wait to join them in the fall.

But first, have to catch up on all the work I didn't do the past week...

No comments: