Outside the Cave has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.stephenlazar.com
and update your bookmarks.

6.22.2005

I'm Back!!!

Well, it took a week to get a new computer, and then a few days to get it up and running, but I am back and fully connected on my new iBook G4...just in time for the last two days of school and a move to NYC through the weekend.

There is SO much I want/need to write about. Over the next month, I'm going to (hopefully) have periods where I am very proficient in writing, and others where I disappear for about a week (going to L.A. July 13th to visit my best friend from college for a week, and going to Cape Cod on July 23rd for a week with my fiancee's family).

So things I need to blog about in the coming weeks (basically a to-blog list for myself):

  • Reflection on my students' final projects (hilarious videos!) and their blogging
  • Responses to one of my last posts on tracking
  • Thoughts on the end of the year
  • I've been working with a professor from George Mason University who has been observing my class throughout the year through a program from the Center for Inspired Teaching. He interviewed three of my classes last week and wrote me a fascinating seven page summery of their thoughts on my class (which I'll post once I change my web hosting). I need to write a lot of thoughts on this.
  • Thoughts on leaving Northern Virginia for NYC
  • Thoughts on books I've been reading
  • Responses to a ton of great posts that accumulated in my Bloglines account over the past two weeks
Some very quick thoughts:
  • While I have been counting down the days until I move to NYC for a few months now, I'm really sad to say good-bye to a lot of my students Friday. I'm really going to miss being in the classroom next year.
  • Right around when I first started this blog, Bud asked "How many days does it take to develop a habit to the point of sticking?" I don't know how many days it takes for the habit to stick, but it was VERY easy to feel like I got out of it. I actually got my computer Sunday, but it has taken until now for me to sit down and right again for fear that the habit would get in the way of other things I need to do. It's a similar fear to get back on the bicycle after falling.
  • As much as a I love Bloglines and how much more information it allows me to consume, it is overwhelming being away from it for an extended length of time. Even with nearly 1000 unread articles when I got back, I could bring myself to just mark them all read and start over. Have I become dependent on reading too much?
  • Thanks to everyone who has continued to comment on my site in my absence.

No comments: